Issue I

Welcome to the first issue of WORD for 2008, Bishop Kearney High School's online Literary Magazine. In this issue you will find samplings of writing and art from the diverse community of students at Bishop Kearney.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Arguments – By Colleen Casey

“Don’t do that” Said the Koala to the Bear

He was returned with an innocent stare

“I didn’t think you’d care”

“Well, I do” the Koala said, matter of factly

“Why?” said the bear, quite moodily

“Because it annoys me!” Koala said, incredulously

“All bears chew with their mouth open”

For a while, Koala remained unspoken

Then

“They do, but not like you”

“Sure they do”

Sarcastically came Koala’s remark; “Who knew?”

Bear remarked “I’ll stop chewing with my mouth open if you do one thing for me”

“And that is?” Koala said with mocking glee

“Wipe yourself up, next time you pee.”

“You see you’re not very clean,

And I don’t want to be mean,

But you stink. And you must have good hygiene.”

No comments:

 
click here for a free hit counter
Get a free hit counter!