Issue I

Welcome to the first issue of WORD for 2008, Bishop Kearney High School's online Literary Magazine. In this issue you will find samplings of writing and art from the diverse community of students at Bishop Kearney.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Enough of Twilight!

Twilight this and Twilight that, it is all I am hearing about these days! It is a BOOK not a religion, I would not be surprised if people were actually worshipping it. Sure, it was great in the beginning, but now the affects of the great Twilight are wearing off, it is definitely not epic. Plus, sorry to burst your bubble, Stephanie Meyer is not a great writer. I do not even think I could stick her in my top 50 favorite authors. I’ll give her props for an awesome plot; it really was a great idea. It just feels when I read Twilight that she just through the idea out there. It does not feel like she nourished it just stuck it down on a piece of paper, VOLIA, BOOM, BAM, here you go. I also feel like she picked up a thesaurus and substituted every single adjective in the book for newer, bigger, more extravagant words. Now let’s discuss Edward (If you would please, shut up I can here you scream from here, fan girls) He is one, a stalker, two, an abuser, and three, CREEPY. In fact he is so creepy he has perfected a new level lovingly called “Edward Cullen Creepy!” He watched Bella when she was sleeping and she had no clue (not romantic, would YOU want that to happen to you on any other occasion). He is also incredibly jealous, he does not want her to see her friends, and he never leaves her alone (I have read the WHOLE series and I am quite aware of New Moon and when he goes hunting). These days it feels like running from Twilight is like running from death, near impossible.

-Anonymous

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It just feels when I read Twilight that she just through the idea out there."

The word "through" was incorrectly used in this sentence. It should be threw(as in throw.) I don't feel that you should be negatively criticizing Stephanie Meyer's writing if you cannot use words correctly.

Anonymous said...

its not through, its threw!!!!!
spell things correctly please.
try to proofread the next edition

 
click here for a free hit counter
Get a free hit counter!